Friday, November 30, 2012

What's in a Name?

I get really strange looks when I tell people what my shop name is.  I think it is cute and rolls off the tongue, but it has also been proven time and time again that I am not like the typical person, but I digress.

I had been thinking hard for weeks on what I wanted my shop to look like.  How I wanted to brand it and carry out general business.  I was going crazy trying to remember all of the hints and tips I was learning while scouring the internet.  I decided to take a night off (or so I thought) to do some browsing on Amazon for wish list gifts for my 15 month old when I saw some building blocks.  Then it came to me!  The periodic table is the map for the building blocks of life - babies are new life - the probably most repeated song ever is the alphabet song (don't lie - you still sing it to find out what comes after K)!  That's it!  LMNOP!  eLeMeNtOP!  ahhh! elementop!  How do you get more perfect than that?!

I quickly ordered the Melissa and Doug building blocks and they arrived two days later.  I didn't even wait to leave the kitchen before opening them up trying to arrange them into the shape I wanted - the periodic table.  The set was PERFECT.  There are 55 blocks and I used all but 1.  Talk about kismet.

I couldn't be more pleased with how the name and logo turned out.



What do you think?  Did it make sense to you before? or only now after I explain my kooky logic?

2 comments:

  1. Found your site from Tokyo Blossom. Good luck with your business. Also with being a stay at home Mom!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    P.S. I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was just looking at your site too and saw I had a new comment! Crazy coincidence! I'm following you now too :)

      Delete